Posts Tagged ‘Christmas’
December in Fort Bragg: A Festival of Parades and Lights
—Posted Monday, November 25th, 2013 at 9:24 pm—
Our town may be small, but we do things in a big way. Which is way when you consider the holidays throngs you’ll face at the local mall, you might consider Fort Bragg as an alternative: shop here (downtown is just a couple of blocks from the Atrium Bed and Breakfast Inn) AND enjoy all the festivities. No traffic jams. No parking structures. No parking meters. Just friendly merchants with ocean views. Here’s what’s coming up:
- Festival of Lights: Dec. 6-22, Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens
- 6th Annual Lighted Boat Parade, Dec. 6, Noyo Harbor, 6 pm.
- Holiday Lights Parade & Celebration: Friday, December 6 – sponsored by the Fort Bragg Volunteer Fire Department and the North Coast Rodders Car Club. 5pm: Festivities begin when Santa and Mrs. Claus visit with the children and pass out cookies and candy at the Guest House Museum. 7 pm: The Holiday Lights Parade will illuminate downtown Fort Bragg.
- Lighting of City Christmas Tree, – Dec. 7, 6 pm: local musicians and community groups entertain with carols and traditional Christmas music. The Mayor officially lights the giant tree on the lawn of the Guest House Museum.
- 24th Annual Candlelight Inn Tour: December 12-14, 5-8pm – Visit many lovely Inns along the Mendocino Coast — including Fort Bragg — enjoying refreshments plus art & live entertainment by youth musicians at each stop! For updated information on inns and tickets at www.mendocinoinntour.com.
PS: did we mention that the Gray Whales arrive in December on their migration south to give birth in the warm lagoons of Mexico.